08 December 2010

India requires your utility bill

In another strange twist of the visa world, the Indian consular office responsible for people who live in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, YT, and NWT demand that people lviing in this region provide a copy of their utility bill showing they live in one of the named provinces or territories. Since not everyone is named on the utility bill, we suspect a copy of the provincial drivers license will be sufficient.

Even more confusing is that this rule, to show proof of residency in the above places, only applies if your Canadian passport was issued outside of BC, AB, SK, YT or NWT.

Click here for an Indian visa form and details.