12 May 2015

China Requires Both Parental Signatures

The Chinese embassy has new rules for minors in place as of today. 

1) Both parents must sign in both signature boxes on the Chinese form. 
Box 4 must be signed by both parents. 
Box 5 must be fully filled in and signed by both parents 

2) Both parents must provide copies of their passports or other government ID cards. We strongly recommend PASSPORT copies for this.

This is effective immediately, so make sure all applications for minors (up to and including age 17) get four (4) signatures - two from each parent.

In the case of single parents or other situations, the parent must provide a copy of a legal document proving they are the sole authority over the minor. This can be a court order or a death certificate.

Click here for China visa forms.