09 November 2010

Visas for the U.A.E.

As of 02 January 2011 Canadians will need a visa to enter the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

The UAE Embassy in Ottawa just made the announcement, and people are scrambling to get details. However, the emabssy says it still has no firm details.

Here are the four types of visas a Canadian will be able to acquire:

Tourist Visa
This special category of visit visa is available for individual tourists from Eastern and Western Europe who are not entitled to be issued with a visa on arrival, as well as visitors from Thailand, South Africa and China. The Tourist Visa, which must be sponsored by hotels and tour operators, entitles its holder to a 30-day stay and is non-renewable.

Entry Service Permit
An Entry Service Permit (14-day stay permit) is available to businessmen and tourists. The permit must be sponsored by a company or a hotel licensed to operate within the UAE. The visa is non-renewable and is valid for 14 days from the date of issue and the duration of stay is 14 days from date of entry, exclusive of arrival and departure days.

Transit Visa
Those flying to or from Europe or the United States, Asia or Africa and passing through UAE airports can obtain a special 96-hour Transit Visa. The visa must be sponsored by an airline operating in the UAE and the traveller must have a valid ticket for onward flight. There is no charge for this visa.

Multiple Entry Visa
This is an excellent option for business visitors who are frequent visitors to the UAE and who have a relationship with a reputable local company. The Multiple Entry Visa is valid for six months from date of issue; each visit should not exceed 30 days in total. The visitor must enter the UAE on a single entry Visit Visa and obtain the Multiple Entry Visa while in the country. A sponsor is required and the visa will be granted free of charge. The maximum duration of stay should not exceed six months per visit.

More Information regarding visas will be added soon.

Click here for U.A.E. visa forms.